Injuries are normal for people who engage in various physical activities in their everyday life. However, this can sometimes stop them from continuing their normal lifestyle. This sudden change in the daily lifestyle of individuals can cause them several physical as well as psychological problems. So, to speed up the recovery process many doctors propose rehabilitation physiotherapy.
What is Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation aims to ensure the physical as well as mental well-being of the patient, bringing them back to their chosen lifestyle activities. It enables them to improve their way of performing daily activities and supports them in developing positive thoughts. It is helpful in recovering from injuries or diseases and proper management of various lifestyle conditions.
What are the Types of Rehabilitations Physiotherapy Available?
Different types of rehabilitation physiotherapy include:
- Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Renal Rehabilitation
- Burns Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
There are several areas where rehabilitation physiotherapy focuses on ensuring the speedy recovery of patients who have suffered from injuries.
What are the Different Areas of Focus in Rehabilitation Physiotherapy?
The different areas of focus of rehabilitation physiotherapy includes:
- Recognises, manages and prevents various medical complications.
- Offers psychological support for coping and adapting to the situation to both patient and family.
- Trains patients for maximum independence when they suffer from injury.
- Prevents the development of secondary disabilities by encouraging the patients to take part in community activities.
- Suggests various precautionary measures so that the patient does not suffer from a similar injury the second time.
- Proposes activities that patients can perform to enhance the quality of their life after the injury.
There are numerous benefits of rehabilitation physiotherapy that make it a popular choice for doctors.
What are the benefits of Rehabilitation Physiotherapy?
The benefits of rehabilitation physiotherapy can be categorised into physical, psychological and lifestyle.
- Increases your physical capacity and strengthens your muscles
- Prevents limb problems and deformities
- Improves balance and muscle coordination to reduce the risk of fall
- Reduces pain and swelling in the affected muscle and joints
- Increases flexibility and joint mobility
- Minimises unnecessary complications
- Improves gait and posture
- Increases your self-confidence so that you can deal with the injury
- Helps you regain your pre-injury mental state so that you recover quickly
- Increases overall independence
- Enhances the quality of life
- Increases your participation in activities
- Allows you to return to work as early as possible
- Improves your overall physical well-being
When you visit a physiotherapy centre, the physiotherapists first conduct thorough check-ups to find out the root cause of the pain or other symptoms. Accordingly, they treat the current condition and devise strategies to prevent the risk of recurrence.
There are many centres that offer rehabilitation physiotherapy. However, remember to choose the one which has extensive working experience across both private as well as public health care centres. This will allow you to get expert options and recover at the earliest.